The collection is a part of the vast library of the engineer Augusto Rima from Mosogno (1916-2003), composed both by bibliographical and archival papers: 741 books, 65 ancient books and 20 continers that are part of the professional archive of Augusto Rima, inherent in its engineering activity. In this archive the presence of photographs between projects and dossier define their use as a documentation tool and as testimony of his work. A valid scholar - as among other things it is clear from the list of his numerous publications and from his admission as academic correspondent of the Accademia Tiberina in Rome - he collected a library specializing in the history of hydraulics, hydrology, Geology and geography of water, engineering of ships and canals, care of the landscape, treatment of banks and dams, water law, easements, meteorology and astronomy.
After studying civil engineering at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (1935-39), Augusto Rima participated in the project of the National Exhibition in Zurich in 1939. In 1946 he opened an engineering firm in collaboration with his brother Alessandro and entered the direction of the hydroelectric plants of Maggia S.A. In 1956 he opened his own studio in Locarno. In addition to the work of engineer, it covers political, administrative and advisory positions.
Rima, as well as a versatile engineer, was also an educated "polyhistor" and assiduous collector of books of both humanities and natural sciences.